I like good food and good wine!


Sunday, January 9, 2011

Lemon Jalapeno Marmalade

This was my favorite recipe for 2010, so I thought I'd share it with you.

I'm blessed to have a beautiful Myer Lemon tree in my yard. When I want a lemon, I open the window and grab one. The neighbors are welcome to all the fruit they can reach on the other side of the tree, there is plenty.
  • 4-5 Lemons
  • 3 cups water
  • 3 cups sugar
  • 2 Jalapeno peppers (or use one Jalapeno and one red Thai chile)
DIRECTIONS
Wash the lemons thoroughly.
Cut into thin 1/8 inch slices, remove any seeds, and quarter slices
Place into a stainless steel pot with 3 cups water, and place over high heat until boiling
Reduce heat and cook abut 40 min until fruit is very soft
Remove ribs from peppers and slice thinly. If concerned about heat, remove seeds.
Add sugar and peppers and cook until mixture darkens or to about 222ยบ on candy thermometer OR test mixture by putting a spoon on a cool plate and allow it to cool. Cooled mixture should be at desired consistency. If too thick add more water, if too thin continue to cook.

Serving suggestion: This is great for jam thumbprint cookies or on a bagel with cream cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment