I like good food and good wine!


Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Oscar’s are coming! The Oscar’s are coming!


When you consider the Golden Globe nominees there are few surprises in this years line up, and I can be proud to say that I’ve seen all but one of the Best Picture nominees, AND that I will see “127 Hours” this week to make it 100%.  Some say this was not a good year, and yes there were certainly lots of duds, but these films all had merit, and I for one congratulate the Academy for making sure I see them all. 


In addition to “127 Hours,” the following films are on my list to see.
·      “Biutiful,” nominated for Best Foreign Language Film (Mexico), and for Javier Bardem’s leading actor role.
·      “The Town,” nominated for Jeremy Renner’s supporting actor role. (You may remember Renner or his starring role in the 2009 Best Picture-winning war thriller The Hurt Locker.)
·      “Rabbit Hole,” nominated for Nicole Kidman, Best Actress in a Leading Role.
·      “Blue Valentine,” Michelle Williams was nominated for her leading actress role.
·      PLUS the nominees for Best Animated Short, and Best Documentary Feature.

I’m going to be busy, but I’ll keep you posted.
 
A full list of nominees can be found at Oscars.org

No comments:

Post a Comment