I like good food and good wine!


Monday, January 24, 2011

The WORST Movies of 2010


On the eve of the announcement by the American Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (AMPAS) (aka Oscars) for the year’s top awards, it only makes sense to stop and ponder for a moment the worst things to hit the big screen. Please post your own "razzie" nominations in the comments section.

The “Razzies” nominated The Twilight Saga: Eclipse, The Last Airbender, The Bounty Hunter, Sex and the City 2, and Vampires Suck for WORST movie of the year. The “Razzies” also panned Cher (Burlesque), Liza Minnelli (Sex and the City 2), and Barbra Streisand (Little Fockers) for their roles as supporting actress. Thankfully, I didn't see any of the Razzy nominees, except Sex 2, and Burlesque, and while neither was outstanding there were parts of both I sort of enjoyed, especially Liza's little dance number in the short SHORT dress, and Cher's solo.

Me, I also wanted to look at the big box office successes, to see what I might learn about how much “we” like bad movies. Just to show that being bad has nothing to do with box office draw I checked the top box office winners Multiple week winners included: Avatar (4 weeks), Shutter Island (2), Alice in Wonderland (3), Clash of the Titans (2), Iron Man 2 (2), Shrek Forever After (3), Toy Story 3 (2), Inception (3), The Expendables (2), The Social Network (2), Megamind (2), Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (2), and Little Fockers (2).

“The Twilight Saga: Eclipse” was the #1 box office movie for one week last July, Not bad when you consider that in October “Jackass 3D,” “Paranormal Activity 2,” and “Saw 3D” took top honors for one week each, proving that nothing sells like a horror film before Halloween.


My nominations for WORST FILM of 2010 are:

1. Little Fockers – I mean really! Just the trailers make me cringe in horror! People pay money for that?

2. Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time – The trailers were sexy. The movie dry.

3. Eat, Love, Pray – or as I called it Eat, Love, Snore.

4. Country Strong – Not to repeat myself, but . . . country weak or just country WRONG.


No comments:

Post a Comment